1 1/2 cups flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cacao powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup grapeseed oil
1 cup chilled brewed coffee[ you can just use water if you'd like]
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
Chocolate Raspberry Frosting
2 ounces unsweetened dark chocolate
1/4 cup fresh raspberries, mashed
3 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup confectioners’ (icing) sugar
Topping over frosting
1 cup fresh raspberries
½ cup non-dairy chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Spread coconut oil on baking dish to prevent sticking.
2. Sift flour, cacao, baking soda, salt and sugar. In another bowl, combine oil,
coffee and vanilla. Pour liquid into dry, and mix until smooth.
3. Add vinegar and stir briefly; baking soda will begin to react with vinegar.
Quickly pour batter into prepared pan.
4. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Allow cake to cool slightly before adding frosting.
Chocolate Raspberry Frosting:
5. In heavy saucepan, melt chocolate over low to medium heat. Once fully melted,
remove from heat and stir in mashed raspberries, water and vanilla.
Stir in confectioners’ sugar. Spread frosting on cooled cake.
6. Top frosting with whole raspberries and sprinkle non-dairy
chocolate chips over cake.
I got this recipe from http://www.cookingwithamore.org