3 cups rolled oats
1 cup quinoa (uncooked)
1 cup pistachios (unsalted)
1 cup pecans (unsalted)
3/4 cup coconut flakes (unsweetened)
1/6-1/4 cup flax seeds (whole ones, but ground is fine)
1/2-1 cup dried fruit of choice (optional)
2 teaspoons cinnimon
2 teaspoons cardamom
1 teaspoon clove (optional)
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground corriander
1/2 teaspoon of fresh cracked black pepper (or to taste, I like mine spicy)
3/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
juice of one orange
1/4 cup olive oil (or oil of choice)
1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons maple syrup
1/4 cup and 2 tablespoon brown sugar (vegan)
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit
1. Chop up pistachios and pecans. I use a blender and pulse a few times, but use whatever method works best for you. Once choped, combined all dry ingredients, except fruit , in a large bowl and mix.
2. Mix all spices in a small bowl and add to dry ingredients. Stir to incoporate all componates.
3. Mix all wet ingredients in a small bowl and then pour into dry ingredents. Mix very well to make sure everything is covered. It should stick together.
4. Pour onto a rimmed baking sheet and press into an even layer. Bake in the oven for 1 hour and 15 mins. Make sure to stir every 15 mins to make sre eveything bakes evenly.
5. Once done baking, add fruit if you are using. I like using dried cherries, but it is a personal preferance.
6. Put in a container with a lid. Will keep up to 3 or so weeks.
Optonal: Feel free to substitute different types of nuts and seeds! Add brewers yeast, chia seeds, whatever you would like, just be creative! Sometimes, instead of orange juice, I add 3 shots of esspresso for a coffee chai flavor. Turns out extreamly well.
This is one of my favorite recipes to make. Not only is it delicious, but it is great for you too! Put on top of vegan yogurt, eat with nut milk, eat it plain, or use as the topping for baked fruit struddles or any other dessert! It is super easy to make and is great for beginners or seasoned chefs. Enjoy! :D