½ cup dairy-free margarine, softened
½ cup shortening
1 ½ cups white Sugar
½ cup applesauce
1 tablespoon coconut milk
½ teaspoons apple cider vinegar
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
Plus some cinnamon and extra sugar for coating.
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream together margarine, shortening, sugar.
3. Add in applesauce.
4.mix in coconut milk,vinegar and vanilla.
5. then add flour,baking soda and salt.Mix well
6. Shape dough into 1inch balls.
7. Prepare mixture of white sugar and cinnamon on plate.
8. Roll balls of dough in mixture until well-coated. Place on ungreased cookie sheet
approximately 2 inches apart.and then press the ball with a fork to flatten slightly
9. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Cookie should be set but not crispy.
Remove from cookie sheet as soon as possible and cool.
Cookies should be soft and chewy so DO NOT OVERBAKE.
Makes about 32 cookies
This is my own original recipe.