1/2 cup of Buck Wheat Groats
1 large Green Bell Pepper
1 large Yellow Onion
1/2 lb of Firm Tofu (2 slices)
1/3 cup of Sun Dried Tomatos
2 tablespoons of Pesto Sauce
1 teaspoon of Black Pepper
3-4 cups of Water
2 Tablespoons of Oil
2 large frying pans
1) Rinse the buck wheat and put it in one pan with 2 cups of water. Use medium heat; stir every once in a while. Continue to add water if the buck wheat looks like it needs it. (This will take about 25-35 minutes. Your end result is a thick and mashy look.) Set aside when finished because you'll soon mix it into the second pan.
2) While the buck wheat is cooking, dice both the onion and bell pepper. Put the onion, bell pepper, vegetable oil, and sun dried tomato in a second pan and cook on medium heat. Stir well until onion looks transparent. (This will cook faster than the buck wheat, so try to time it so that both pans will be done at the same time.)
3) Add pepper and pesto sauce into the second pan with vegetables and mix them in.
4) Next add the cooked buck wheat into the second pan and mix well.
5) Lastly, add diced tofu into the second pan. (Add the tofu last so it won't break apart easily when stirring.)
6) Enjoy with some hummus and pita chips as a side dish if you feel like it.