- 2 small red peppers, roasted
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup walnuts, lightly toasted and chopped finely
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 teaspoons pomegranate molasses, plus more for drizzling
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F and place whole red peppers on baking sheet. Roast for about 15 minutes, turning approximately every 5 minutes.
- 2. Remove from oven and peel off skins. Cut in half and remove seeds. Cut into pieces.
- 3. Place all ingredients into a food processor except for olive oil, and gradually add in the olive oil until everything is well combined and you have a smooth consistency.
- 4. Transfer the muhammara to a bowl, drizzle with pomegranate molasses and serve at room temperature with the toasted pita triangles.