1 medium eggplant
1 red cayenne pepper
1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1 red onion or Spanish onion, diced
4 stalks fresh mint, chopped
2 stalks fresh parsley, chopped
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1. Slice the eggplant lengthwise. Salt generously on both sides and let sit for 20 minutes to draw out moisture.
2. Quarter the cayenne pepper, brush the skins with oil, and roast in a 300 degree Fahrenheit oven until skins blister. Place in plastic bag for 2 to 3 minutes, then peel off skin and dice finely.
3. In a bowl, combine diced cayenne pepper, chickpeas, diced onion, mint, parsley, lemon juice, and olive oil (to taste).
4. Wash eggplant slices thoroughly, then coat with olive oil, and char grill over high heat.
5. Place eggplant pieces over salad, serve immediately.