1 cup wheat bran *buckwheat groats as optional topping
1 cup flour (i used spelt)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 Ener-G Egg Replacer
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup soy milk
1-2 tablespoon vegetable oil
1-4 tablespoon maple syrup (to taste, depending on your sweet tooth)
2 tablespoon blackstrap molasses
1 cup cranberries
1/2 cup walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Stir together dry ingredients, excluding the cranberries and walnuts.
3. Stir in the wet and the sticky ingredients, until moistened, do not over stir.
4. Fold in the cranberries and walnuts.
5. Spoon batter into 12 lined or greased muffin cups and sprinkle some buckwheat groats on the top for a little panache if you like.
Bake for 15-20 min.
These muffins are very healthy :) High in fiber, low in fat and vegan sugar and about 115 calories each.