2 cups beef style stock
2 cups textured soy protein
12 corn tortillas
1/4 cup + 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
3 tablespoons whole wheat flour
4 cloves garlic, or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 onion, chopped or 1 teaspoon onion powder
3 tablespoons mild chili powder
1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
2 cups chicken style stock
2 cups vegan jalapeno cheese, shredded, divided
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray 13x9" baking pan with nonstick spray. For filling, place textured soy protein in a large bowl and mix with the beef style stock. Set aside.
2. Heat approximately 1/4 cup olive oil in a skillet. When heated but not smoking, dip each tortilla into the oil until softened, and a bit crispy. Repeat this procedure until all 12 tortillas are done. Stack one on top of the other on a plate and set aside.
3. For sauce, heat a large saucepan. Place 3 tablespoons oil and flour into the pan and whisk until smooth. Cook over medium heat until toasted, approximately 5 minutes. Add onions and garlic, and saute until onions are translucent, or add onion and garlic powders along with all other seasonings and nutritional yeast, and mix well. Add the chicken style stock and simmer until thickened.
4. Add 1 cup of the sauce to prepared baking dish. For assembly, fill each tortilla with about 2-3 tablespoons of the rehydrated textured soy protein and 2-3 tablespoons cheese. Roll up and place seam side down in prepared dish. Continue filling tortilla shells until all are filled and pan is full.
5. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese over the top of the enchiladas and cover with the remaining sauce. Bake for 30 minutes, covered and an additional 10 minutes uncovered.