2 tablespoons maple syrup
2 tablespoons brazil nuts, chopped
2 tablespoons almonds, chopped
4 tablespoons raisons
1 banana, mashed with a little soy milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
extra soy milk
1. Preheat oven to Gas Mark 6.
2. Melt the vegan margarine and sugar in a pan.
3. Mix together all the dry ingredients in a large bowl (except the banana, soy milk, maple syrup and vanilla essence)
4. Add the maple syrup to the melted margarine and sugar. Add to the dry ingredients and mix well.
5. Mash the banana (or use a blender) with a little soy milk (about a tablespoon) and add the vanilla essence.
6. Add to the mixture and mix well. Add more soy milk if needed. The mixture should be fairly sticky but not too wet.
7. Add mixture to a baking tin (greased) and bake in the oven for 15-20 mins.
8. Once baked, cut into bars and let cool. Eat.
There are lots of variations you can use. You can add dates or other dried fruit instead of raisons, other types of nuts etc.