1/4 Cup red onion, chopped
1 to 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 Cloves of garlic, minced
3 Italian plum tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped
2 Cups (16 oz) no salt added, vegetable broth
2/3 Cups uncooked orzo (pasta)
1 Bunch of broccoli flowerettes, cut into small pieces
1 Teaspoon dried parsley or 1/4 cup fresh, finely chopped
1 Teaspoon dried sweet basil or 1/4 cup fresh, chopped
1 Teaspoon salt and pepper (optional)
1. In a large fry pan on medium heat, sauté onions in olive oil for 3 to 5 minutes, or until onions are soft.
2. Add garlic and heat 1 to 2 minutes.
3. Add tomatoes and heat 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Add remaining ingredients (broth, orzo, broccoli flowerettes, parlsey and basil.
5. Heat covered for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. DO NOT OVERCOOK.
6. Serve with sour dough vegan bread.