2 cup cooked rice
1 cup cooked fresh corn or canned corn
3 sliced green onions
1/2 green pepper, diced
2 small tomatoes, diced
1 teaspoon each turmeric
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon coriander
2 teaspoon paprika
tiny dash of chili flakes and cayenne pepper
1/4 cup ketchup
salt to taste
1. Heat oil in a wok-style pan with the spices except salt
2. Add the onions and the green peppers and sauté 1-2 minutes over med-high heat.
3. Add corn and tomatoes and keep sautéing until tomatoes release their juices.
4. Add ketchup and stir until mixed.
5. Add rice and stir until heated thoroughly. Salt to taste.
Variation: Add 1/2 can black or kidney beans in step 5 to make it a main dish.