1 Cup Light Olive Oil
1 Large Onion Chopped
4 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
2 Fresh Lemons squeezed to = 3/4 Cup
1 Cup Cold Water
1 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
2 1/2 Cups Bulgar Wheat
3 Cups Boiled Water
Chopped Red & Green Pepper
In a skillet, heat oil and saute onion till limp and translucent.
1. Stir in Tomato Paste, leomon juice, cold water salt and cayenne.
2. Bring to a boil.
3. Stir in Bulgar and lower heat. Simmer for 10-15 minutes or until most of the water is absorbed.
4. Stir in the 3 Cups of boiled water and cook for an additional 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
5. Garnish with red and green peppers.
6. Slivered almonds can be used also.