1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 teaspoon thyme
2 pinches black pepper
2 cucumbers, quarter lengthwise, then slice*
2 large tomatoes, wedge, then cut wedges in half
1 large onion, sliced and rings separated (vidalia or red preferred)
1. Dressing: In a bowl, combine balsamic vinegar, olive oil, cilantro, garlic, thyme, and pepper; whisk thoroughly.
2. Salad: In another bowl, combine cucumbers, tomatoes, and onion; toss to combine.
3. Pour dressing over salad; toss to coat.
4. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Mix again before serving.
* For a crisper salad, core the cucumber to remove the seeds before slicing.
Notes/Variations: I like balsamic vinegar the best, but vegan red wine vinegar is also very good, and any vinegar will do. Halved cherry tomatoes can be used instead of whole tomatoes. Any oil on hand can be used instead of olive oil. For a low-fat version, you can use water instead of oil.