1/2 cup quinoa
1 cup white corn [u]Dressing[/u]:
3 to 4 tablespoons light vegetable oil, not heavy like olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice or balsamic vinegar
1 clove garlic, minced
cilantro or parsley, minced, to taste
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped green bell peppers
1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
2 scallions, chopped
1. Soak quinoa in water for 5 minutes, then drain. Cook either in vegetable stock or water for 15 minutes.
2. During the last five minutes of cooking, put in the corn if using frozen. Drain and cool.
3. Dressing: Thoroughly mix together vegetable oil, lemon juice, garlic, parsley, salt, and pepper.
4. Mix the remaining ingredients in a bowl (black beans, celery, green bell peppers, tomatoes, and scallions) with the quinoa and corn.
5. Pour the dressing in and mix well.
This is good the next day as well. Best if served cold. Substitutions can be made for the vegetables...red onions, grated carrots, what ever you prefer. I have also added a small amount of jalopeno peppers before because my husband likes it hot....