2 pieces of bread - (I use rye with almonds)
tofu to taste - (I use a piece about 2.5 inches long and 1 inch thick)
2 tablespoon of nut butter - (I like cashew best)
1 tablespoon jelly
2 small dried figs
2 small dried dates
1. Spread jelly on bread.
2. Using a sharp knife, finely chop the dates and the figs.
3. In a small bowl, mash tofu thoroughly with your hands so that it becomes crumbly.
4. Add the 2 tablespoon of nut butter to the tofu and mix thoroughly. (If the nut butter is too hard, put the mixture in the microwave for 10 seconds to make it easier to mix).
5. Add the chopped walnuts and dates and mix.
6. Put the entire mixture on one of the slices of bread. Cover sandwich with 2nd slice of bread, and enjoy!
Note: Amounts are entirely subject to personal taste. I'm currently living in Copenhagen, and without any sort of measuring device, so I've just been estimating. But, this is a great way to add protein to one of my personal favorites! Reduce the amount of nut butter and substitute fresh bananas for the dried fruit if you want to cut down on the calories.