1 small can of bamboo shoots in water
2 pieces of thinly sliced fried tofu
3 cups of short grain Japanese rice
1 piece of kombu
4 tablespoons vinegar
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon salt
4 or 5 pieces of nori seaweed paper
1) Cook the rice according to directions of the bag. Put the kombu into the water with the cooking rice to flavor it.
2) Cut the bamboo sprouts and fried tofu slices into small strips.
3) When rice is done cooking, put it in a big bowl and cool it by mixing it and fanning it with a fan or magazine.
4) Once the rice has cooled a bit, add the vegan sugar, vinegar, and salt and continue to mix and fan it.
5) Lay a piece of the nori paper out on a bamboo sushi roller and spread a thin layer of rice out on the nori.
6) Lay the bamboo shoots and sliced fried tofu in a horizontal row on top of the rice layer.
7) Roll and cut into bite size pieces with a wet knife.
8) Repeat steps 5, 6, and 7 with the rest of the nori. Serve with a small amount of pickled ginger on the side and enjoy!
Itadakimasu! (Bon appetit!)