1 block firm tofu, squeezed
1 cm piece of fresh ginger root, grated
3 garlic cloves, crushed
about 8 fresh basil leaves, chopped
soy sauce or tamari to pour over
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon palm sugar
1. Cut tofu into 1 1/2 cm (what's that? half an inch maybe? - I'm Aussie) slices and pat dry with paper towel.
2. Combine all other ingredients and pour over tofu in a dish. Use enough soy sauce to wet the tofu, add more as you need to but if you use too much it will be really salty (I know cause I did it!)
3. Allow to marinate, turning every few minutes, for about half an hour.
4. Heat a fry pan to high and use extra virgin olive oil. Place tofu in pan slice by slice (oil will spit a bit) and allow to brown on each side.
5. Pour over remainder of marinade and let it reduce.
6. Remove from heat and serve with stir fried veggies and brown rice or as a sandwich filling (or be even more creative!).