1/4 block of tofu cubed, flavored/cooked your choice
1/4 cup carrots, thin juliennes
1/4 cup zucchini squash, thin juliennes
1/4 cup mung bean sprouts
1/4 cup mushroom, thinly sliced (shiitake, etc.)
1 portion of cooked rice
salt & pepper as needed
oil for sauté
Chojang Sauce (spicy!):
3 tablespoon gochujang (red pepper paste avail at korean grocery)
1 1/2 tablespoon apple vinegar
1 tablespoon sugar
1. Thinly slice all the veggies. You change up the combination and add whatever you have: onions, different kinds of mushrooms, sprouts, etc. To use a dried mushroom, soak it in water for about 10 minutes until plump and then squeeze out the excess. Season with soy sauce if desired.
2. Cook each vegetable separately, except the mung bean sprouts, in a little oil and season with salt and pepper.
3. Blanch mung bean sprouts in covered pot until tender. Season with sesame oil and salt/pepper.
4. Place rice at the bottom of a bowl and arrange vegetables on top.
5. Mix all chojang sauce ingredients together and serve on top or on the side (be careful, its spicy!).
6. Grab a spoon, mix everything together, and dig in! (The name 'bibimbab' translates to 'mixed up rice.’)