3 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium onion, diced
3-5 cloves garlic, chopped
1 cup quinoa
2 cups water
1/2 (8 1/2) ounce jar julienned sun dried tomatoes
20 leaves fresh basil, julienned
1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 teaspoon salt
1. Drizzle bottom of big pot with olive oil. Saute the onion and garlic over medium heat until translucent.
2. Add the quinoa and stir it around a couple minutes to let the flavors mingle. Add the water and stir.
3. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes until quinoa's done. Add basil to bowl, then mix in the sun dried tomatoes (bring along some of the oil they're stored in).
4. Add chickpeas to basil and tomatoes. When the quinoa's done, add salt and stir in; then add the tomatoes, basil, and chickpeas to the pot and stir that in.
5. Serve immediately or store in refrigerator to heat and eat later.