1/2 lb firm or extra firm regular tofu
1/2 onion (medium size)
1 clove garlic
1 or 2 chili pepper
2 tablespoons flour
1-2 teaspoons peanut butter
salt to taste
1. Pat dry the tofu in paper towel to remove any excess water.
2. In one bowl shred tofu, carrot and onion. Mix in finely chopped green chilies and garlic. Add salt (or any spices you might like) and flour.
3. Till this point you will notice that the mixture is very crumbly which I think is a problem with a lot of tofu recipes. That’s where peanut butter comes in handy as it will help to hold it all together. Almond oil works, too, if you like. Also if you have time leave it in the refrigerator for a while to make the mixture more firm.
4. Now form 4 equal sized balls and shape into patties. Bake at high temperatures to start (above 400 degree Celsius) as it also helps to hold the shape. Once it’s a bit grilled you can lower temperature and cook it well. While you turn the patties you can brush on BBQ sauce.
5. Finally serve on bread or bun with any trimmings or sauce you like. I always serve mine with fries or coleslaw.