5 carrots, chopped
10 red potatoes, chopped
1/4 cup olive oil
salt and pepper, to taste
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons dried sage
2 teaspoons dried thyme
1 small onion, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons vegan butter
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1. Fill a stock pot with water and heat to low boil. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Add carrots and potatoes to boiling water. Parboil about 6-7 minutes.
2. Once parboiled, toss carrots and potatoes into a large baking pan with the olive oil, salt and pepper, garlic powder, thyme, and sage.
3. Roast for 40 minutes, turning veggies half-way through at about 20 minutes.
4. While roasting, saute onion in a skillet with the margarine. When veggies have roasted for 40 minutes, add the sauteed onions and the garlic to the roasted veggies.
5. Roast an additional 20 minutes until everything is nicely browned.