1 block seasoned tofu (usually firm)
1 can chickpeas OR black beans OR lentils
1 1/2 cups of couscous (I use whole wheat)
1 can black olives
1 package cherry tomatoes
sugar snap peas (about the same amount as tomatoes)
1 bunch green onion or chives
4 large cloves of garlic
1 bunch fresh basil
1 bunch fresh cilantro
1 bunch fresh mint
Italian dressing (or olive oil/vinegar/lemon juice/Dijon mustard)
salt and pepper to taste
vegan "parmesan" cheese
This takes a bit of effort but it's well worth it! Amounts are approximate, esp. the dressing. Experiment and have fun!
1. Put couscous in a bowl, add 1 1/2 cups hot water, and let sit for 15 minutes. Then, put in fridge while preparing the rest.
2. In a food processer, chop garlic, onions, and all fresh herbs (wash them first).
3. Chop the rest of the veggies into smallish pieces and put in very large bowl. I've used red cabbage, green beans, and peas as well, and it's all good.
4. Chop tofu into small cubes and add to bowl.
4. Add whatever beans you are using.
5. When couscous is cool, add to bowl along with parmesan.
6. Mix gently, then add salad dressing. Salt and pepper to taste, then mix again.
This recipe makes a lot--beware! Very yummy though.