1 cup edamame
3 large carrots, peeled and grated
1 green onion, thinly sliced
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 teaspoon ginger, grated
salt, to taste
pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
1. Cook edamame in pods in rapidly boiling water for about 3 minutes. Transfer to bowl with cold water (to stop cooking process), then drain. Shell them and set aside.
2. Add carrots and green onion. Toss with olive oil and rice vinegar.
3. Squeeze the ginger juice from the grated ginger onto the salad.
4. Add salt and cayenne pepper.
5. You can either eat it immediately or let the flavors marry together in the fridge for about an hour. Enjoy!