1-1/2 cups wheat bran
1 cup nondairy milk
2/3 cups brown sugar
6 tablespoons applesauce
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup blueberries (OR 1/2 cup raisins OR 1 chopped apple OR any combination of any fruit/nut of your choice!)
1. In a bowl, combine wheat bran and milk; let stand for 10 minutes.
2. In another bowl, beat brown sugar, applesauce, vanilla. Add to wheat bran mixture.
3. In another bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry. Fold in blueberries (or filling of your choice)
5. Bake at 350 degrees F for 16 to 20 minutes!