1/2 cup soy milk
1 tablespoon raw cashews
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 - 1 cup olive oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
pinch of salt
2 1/2 cups vegan creme-filled chocolate sandwich cookies (i.e. vegan version of Oreos)
2 tablespoon margarine
2 cups vegan yogurt, vanilla or plain
3 ounces (one box) vegan gelatin, cherry or strawberry
This takes a long time to make, but is totally worth it in the end!
1. Pour the soy milk and raw chashews into a blender and mix until smooth.
2. Add the maple syrup, vanilla and salt. Blend well.
3. With the blender at a low speed or whip, add the olive oil at a slow stream until the mixture thickens.
4. Pour in a bowl, then add a few drops of lemon juice. Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place cookies in large plastic bag and crush with rolling pin. Or crush the cookies in a food processor.
3. Transfer crumbs to medium bowl, drizzle with melted margarine, and mix with fingers until well combined. Pour crumbs into 9-inch pie plate.
4. Press crumbs evenly onto bottom and up sides of pie plate.
5. Refrigerate for 20 minutes to firm crumbs, Bake until crumbs are set, about 10 minutes. Let it cool.
1. In a large bowl, stir together the vegan yogurt and vegan powdered gelatin.
2. Gently mix in the whipped cream, until well blended.
3. Spoon into the chocolate cookie pie crust.
4. Freeze at least 4 hours or overnight; until firm.
5. Let stand at room temperature 15 minutes, or until it can be easily cut.
6. Store leftover pie in the freezer.