1-2 garlic cloves, chopped
1/2 yellow onion, chopped
3 tablespoons vegan margarine, divided
2 cups mushrooms
2 yellow squash, sliced
16 ounces frozen (or fresh) green beans
1 teaspoon lemon juice
3 tablespoons whole wheat flour
1 cup plain nondairy milk + 1/2 cup veggie broth or milk
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon rosemary
1 teaspoon miso
salt and pepper, to taste
1 cup whole wheat elbow pasta, cooked
nutritional yeast, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease 1 casserole dish. Saute the garlic and onion in 1 tablespoon margarine until just brown. Add mushrooms, squash, and green beans, and lemon juice. Cover and cook until slightly softened, then set aside.
2. Melt the rest of the margarine in a saucepan and stir in the flour. Slowly add the milk and veggie broth, and the thyme and rosemary, stirring to avoid lumps.
3. Remove from heat and add the miso and salt and pepper. Pour the sauce over the veggie mixture and mix well. Add pasta and mix.
4. Pour the whole mixture into prepared casserole dish and sprinkle enough nutritional yeast on the top to cover the mixture.
5. Bake 25 minutes or until the nutritional yeast crust begins to brown.