1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 bananas, mashed
3/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line 10 muffin cups with muffin papers.
2. In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
3. In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, applesauce and oil.
4. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Stir in walnuts, if desired.
5. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups. Bake in preheated oven for 18-23 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of muffin comes out clean. Do not over bake.