1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup vegan margarine
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg equivalent, prepared (don't use banana)
1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
6 ounces chocolate chips (about 2/3 of a normal size bag)
1/2 cup sweetened condensed soy milk
4 teaspoons non-sour cherry juice
24 whole, pitted non-sour cherries
1. In a mixing bowl, combine flour and cocoa; mix well until smooth.
2. In a separate bowl, cream sugar and margarine. Add baking powder, baking soda, and salt; beat until well combined. Add egg replacer and vanilla. Gradually beat in the flour mixture. Chill the dough in the freezer for about 5 minutes, or until easier to work with.
3. Shape the dough into 24 1-inch balls, and place them on a parchment lined baking sheet.
4. In a saucepan, melt the chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk together. Stir in the cherry juice.
5. Smoosh down the dough balls on a cookie sheet. Make an indent at the center of the cookie with your thumb. Dip a whole cherry in a bit of frosting and place it on the dough ball. (Only a little bit of frosting, its just to hold the cherry in place). Spoon more frosting over the top, encasing the cherry in fuggy goodness. Repeat for all cookies.
6. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes. Cool and store in an airtight container. Enjoy!
"For these fudgy treats, you spread the frosting on the cookie before baking."--Aunt Jessie