1 cup dry whole wheat couscous
1 cup vegetable broth
1 tablespoon white truffle oil, optional but really adds to it
1 zucchini chopped
1/2 cup frozen or fresh corn
1/2 cup frozen peas
1 tablespoon fresh basil minced
1 tablespoon fresh parsley minced
3 cloves garlic minced
1 medium tomato chopped or 1/2 carton sliced cherry tomatoes*
1/2 red onion chopped
sea salt and pepper to taste
splash of balsamic, optional
1. In one small saucepan, bring to boil the broth and truffle oil. When it comes to a boil, add the couscous, cover and take off the heat. (5 minutes, fluff with fork and place in a medium bowl)
2. In a saute pan sprayed with olive oil spray or olive oil, pending on diet needs, heat the garlic, zucchini, peas and corn until golden brown. (I add salt and pepper to this.)
3. Add this to the couscous and fluff again, place to the side.
4. Chop the tomatoes and red onion( no cooking ) and toss in with the mixture, along with the fresh herbs.
5. Before serving I put a splash of balsamic, sea salt and pepper right on top.
Truly amazing..made it last night for my non-vegetarian family. This is also great to bring to a picnic, BBQ, or family lunch. let me know how you like it.