2 cups basmati rice, cooked
2 tablespoons oil (canola or olive)
1 cup chopped broccoli
1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
4 cloves garlic
1 vegan veggie burger
1 tablespoon curry powder
1.5 tablespoons tamari sauce (or soy)
1. First, you will want to thaw your veggie burger. I like to put it in the oven at 300 degrees and simply check on it every few minutes until it is thawed. Also begin warming up your rice. I like to stick it in a pot with a lid with a little water on the bottom and a very low heat.
2. While the veggie burger and the rice are cooking, chop the broccoli, the onion and the garlic. I like to leave the onion and garlic in larger pieces, but chop it to whatever fineness is desired. When the boca is done, chop that into squares.
3. Start heating your oil and put the boca, broccoli, onion, and garlic in a sautee pan and sautee it until the ingredients are almost cooked all the way.
4. Throw in your tamari sauce and sautee it for about 30 seconds. You don't want to let all the Tamari evaporate, just let it cook into the ingredients a little.
5. Now throw all the contents of the sautee pan into the pot with your rice if the rice is warm enough, doesn't need to be hot. Mix all the ingredients around in the pot and put in your curry powder. Mix it until everything is even and it's done!
This dish tastes great and the tamari saurce with curry makes an interesting combination. Enjoy!