4 or 5 cups of fresh kale
1 cup vanilla soymilk
1 block of silken firm tofu (12.3 oz)
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon mint extract
1/4 cup mild flavored oil (vegetable is fine)
1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
Mint chip was my favorite ice cream as a kid and I have been so disappointed with commercially manufactured vegan mint chip so I created my own. The kale turns it a beautiful green and the end result is so good and creamy!!
1. Rinse kale leaves and squeeze dry. Tear them into bite sized chunks and put into blender.
2. Pour soymilk into blender and blend the mixture until smooth and green.
3. Add tofu and sugar to mixture in blender then blend until smooth.
4. Add mint extract and oil then again blend until smooth.
5. **THIS STEP IS IMPORTANT** Taste your mixture and add additional sugar and/or mint in small increments to suit your taste. (I found that the above listed measurements were perfect but some may like it sweeter or minty-er). Then blend again.
6. Chill mixture until you're ready to freeze it.
7. Pour mixture into your ice cream maker and make ice cream via your machines instructions.
8. Add chocolate chips when the mixture is about slushy consistency. (I use a bowl that's stored in the freezer and added chocolate chips about 10 minutes into mixing process)
9. When it's the desired consistency, scoop into a bowl and enjoy!!