1 1/2 cups water
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/2 cups vegan mayonnaise (I use Vegenaise)
2 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup silken tofu
3 cups all-purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking soda
3/4 cup cocoa
1 1/2 teaspoons salt Frosting:
8 ounces vegan cream cheese
1 cup raspberry preserves, divided
1/3 cup vegan butter (I use Earth Balance)
2-3 cups powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease 2 8" cake pans. For cake, in a very large bowl, mix wet ingredients (through tofu) together well with an electric beater or in a blender. Make sure all the tofu is incorporated and the vegan mayo is no longer lumpy.
2. Sift dry ingredients into the wet until thoroughly incorporated. Pour batter evenly into prepared pans.
3. Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow time to cool cake layers completely before frosting!
4. For frosting, with an electric beater, thoroughly mix cream cheese, 1/2 cup raspberry preserves and vegan butter in a medium bowl until smooth. Slowly add in powdered sugar until the desired sweetness and consistency is reached.
5. When cake is completely cooled, use your reserved 1/2 cup raspberry preserves in between the layers and frost the outside of the cake with the raspberry cream cheese frosting. Decorate the top with fresh raspberries, if desired.
Source of recipe: This is my mother's recipe, veganized.