about 1 1/2 cups chopped tomatoes
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1/4 cup chopped cubanelle pepper
1/4 cup chopped hot pepper-- Hungarian yellow wax, Italian roaster, whatever you prefer
1 small serrano pepper, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon dried cilantro (or 1/3 cup fresh chopped cilantro)
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/8 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
1 tablespoon olive oil
about 1 teaspoon dried garlic (don’t use fresh, it's too potent for this recipe)
1 teaspoon white wine vinegar (can substitute lime juice to taste)
salt, pepper to taste
1. Chop all veggies in very small small bite sizes. You may want to solicit help from roommates or friends; this can take a few minutes.
2. Add olive oil and vinegar/lime juice. Toss well.
3. Add seasonings. Toss well again.
4. Cover and allow to sit in your refrigerator for at least 3 hours. The longer you wait, the more flavorful.
5. Use as a salsa, a tasty quesadilla ingredient, or anything else you can think of.