2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 package vegan sausage crumbles
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 bay leaf
1 teaspoon dried sage
1 cup dry white wine
1 cup vegetable stock
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup "cream" (soy milk blended with extra firm tofu)
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
salt and pepper (to taste)
1 sixteen ounce package of farfalle
1. Heat a large skillet over medium heat, add one tablespoon olive oil and brown the "sausage." Remove and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to package directions.
3. Wipe down the skillet and use again to saute the onion and garlic in olive oil until onions are tender.
4. Add the bay leaf, sage and wine to pan, Reduce wine by half. Add the stock, pumpkin, stir to combine and heat until bubbling.
5. Return sausage to pan, reduce heat and stir in "cream." Season with nutmeg, cinnamon, salt and pepper. Simmer 5-10 minutes to thicken.
6. Return pasta to pot it was cooked in. Remove bay leaf from sauce and add to pasta. Soooooo yummy! Enjoy!