1 teaspoon yeast
1 1/4 cup hot water
2 teaspoons salt
3 cups unbleached white flour
1. Grease a cookie sheet. Dissolve the yeast and salt in the hot water.
2. Add flour to the mixture and knead until the dough is no longer sticky (add a little more flour if it is).
3. Divide the dough into 6 balls and place on prepared cookie sheet. Cover and let rise for 45 minutes. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
4. Spread dough out to form 6 1/4" thick loaves. (If it tries to slide back and won't stay flat, let it rest a minute before stretching it again.)
5. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. (It should be lightly browned) Remove from the oven and enjoy!
This recipe also works well with wheat flour, although it will not form as many little pockets. It tastes great alone, with homemade hummus, or topped with sauteed garlic, onions, and peppers. It's very versatile and great to have on hand.