1 (3/4 lb) package regular firm tofu (silken tofu would likely work even better!)
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 (10 oz) package frozen chopped spinach
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons vegan vegetable bullion granules
2 teaspoons dried basil, crumbled
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 tablespoon regular (not dark) soy sauce
2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 large onion, very finely minced
10 kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
1. Defrost spinach and squeeze out as much liquid as you can.
2. Drain tofu of any excess liquid.
3. Place tofu and oil in a large bowl. Use a hand mixer on high speed to combine them until creamy.
4. Add pepper, vegetable bouillon powder, dried basil, garlic powder, soy sauce, and lemon juice. Blend on high speed for 1 minute.
5. On low speed, mix in onion, spinach, and olives.
6. Taste and adjust seasonings to your preference.
7. Cover the bowl and place in the fridge. Let it sit for at least 8 hours for the flavours to meld, preferably overnight.
8. Serve with crackers, bread, chips, or vegetables for dipping.
The following additions could also be made to change the flavour a bit: - olive juice from the olives - grated carrot - cayenne powder