1 tablespoon yeast
1 tablespoon sugar
1 cup warm water
2 tablespoons vegan margarine, divided
1 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups flour, divided
2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped, divided
1. Place yeast, sugar and water in large bowl or food processor and allow mixture to become bubbly. Mix in 1 tablespoon margarine, salt, and 2 cups flour.
2. Add one tablespoon of the fresh chopped rosemary. Knead for about 10 minutes by hand or in food processor about 5 minutes until smooth and elastic. Add more flour if necessary.
3. Oil a bowl, put dough in it and cover with a towel. Let dough rise in a warm place for one hour until doubled. Punch down dough and divide in half. Let dough rest about 5 minutes.
4. Shape the dough into 2 small rounded oval loaves. Sprinkle remaining 1 tablespoon rosemary over the loaves and press lightly into the surface. Let loaves rise again until doubled, about 45 minutes. Grease a baking pan or sheet, and preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
5. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until lightly browned. Carefully remove from oven, brush with remaining vegan margarine (and salt if desired).