1 tablespoon yeast
1/2 cup lukewarm water
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons vegetable oil or melted margarine Filling:
1/2 (10 ounce) package vegan mozzarella cheese, divided (I use Follow Your Heart)
1/4 cup fake bacon bits (I use Bac'uns)
1/4 cup green onion, chopped
1 (12 ounce) package vegan chick'n strips (I use Lightlife Chick'n Strips )
1 tablespoon vegan ranch sauce, divided
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grate about 1/2 the cheese; don't put all of the cheese in the filling bowl, put a little bit in a second bowl because you'll need it later.
2. Add bac'uns into a bowl add a tablespoon water; warm in the microwave for 30 seconds. This just softens them up so they aren't crunchy. Add the softened bac'uns to the filling bowl. Add green onion to filling bowl along with the chick'n strips.
3. For dough, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add remaining dough ingredients and mix. Knead dough until it is smooth. Cut the dough into 2 pieces and roll each piece out flat.
4. Put 1/2 tablespoon ranch sauce in the middle of 1/2 the dough and spread it not all the way to the edges, but almost. Add 1/2 the filling, and pull the dough over the filling making a pocket.
5. Roll the ends together and pinch them in a little. Repeat with other 1/2 dough and filling. Sprinkle a little of the remaining cheese onto the top of the chick'n bakes and place in the oven until the whole thing is golden brown.
Source of recipe: This recipe was submitted by Briggitte Dix, author and moderator of http://veganeatz.blogspot.com/