1/2 block extra-firm tofu
No-stick pan spray of your choice
1/2 cup vegetarian refried beans
1/4 cup marinara sauce
1 slice soy cheese (I like pepper-jack flavor!)
spices of your choice
1. Spray pan with no-stick spray. If you don't have the spray a teaspoon or two of oil works just fine.
2. Crumble drained tofu
3. Add tofu to pan on medium heat and "scramble". Make sure not to burn tofu. Add spices as you go. I like to use oregano, salt, pepper, garlic, etc...
4. While you're scrambling the tofu, put refried beans and marinara sauce in a small microwave safe bowl and mix well.
5. Tear the soy cheese into small pieces (usually about 8 pieces to give you an idea of the size)
6. Put three or four pieces of the cheese into the bean/marinara mixture and microwave for thirty seconds
7. Remove bowl and stir the melting cheese. Add another three or four pieces and repeat the process until your cheese is all melted well into the mixture.
8. Add the bean/cheese/marinara mixture to the scrambled tofu
9. Put the entire mixture into the center of the tortilla and add any other desired spices. Wrap up your burrito!
I like to pop the burrito in the microwave for another 5 seconds to warm it just right. You can always warm the tortilla as you're going in the oven for a crispier result.