1 can of chickpeas (drained)
1 largish sweet potato, chopped
1 bell pepper, chopped (I used a bit each of three colors I had left over)
1 smallish onion, chopped
1 celery stalk, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
1 potato, chopped
curry powder to taste (I used 1 tablespoon)
1/2 teaspoon ginger
2 cubes of vegetable boullion
1/2 teaspoon each: ground cumin and ground cardamon
1 tablespoon flour
1 cup of coconut milk
1/2 table spoon of brown sugar
I just made this up to because I can't have soy and I needed to add something new to my repertoire of protein dishes.
1. Chop all the veggies about the same size as a chickpea.
2. In a large skillet, saute the onion, celery, bell pepper, and carrot in a little oil until soft (5 minutes).
3. Add Chickpeas, both kinds of potato and spices. Cover and cook for about 20 minutes until the potatoes are mostly done.
4. Sprinkle flour on top of veggies and stir while cooking for a few minutes.
5. Pour coconut milk in a bring to a simmer. Add in Brown sugar and stir. Add Salt and pepper to taste.
6. Serve over brown rice.