Pot Pie filling:
3-4 small potatoes, cut into bite size chunks
2-3 carrots, cut into bite size chunks
1/2-1 cup broccoli florets Cheese Sauce:
1/2 cup flour
3/4 cup nutritional yeast
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup nondairy milk
1 cup water
3 tablespoons veggie oil (mild tasting) 2 frozen deep dish pie shells, thawed
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Cook potatoes, carrots, and broccoli in microwave or stove, so that they're partially done, but not completely. I usually just toss them in the microwave while I make the cheese sauce.
2. The cheese sauce I use is from the Flashback Mac and Cheese recipe on this site. To make cheese sauce, add flour, nutritional yeast, and spices to saucepan and turn heat on medium.
3. In a separate bowl, combine milk, water and veggie oil. Slowly add the wet to the dry, whisking continually over medium heat. Once the ingredients are combined, turn heat up and keep whisking until mixture is bubbly and thickens some.
4. Turn heat back down to medium and keep whisking until you get a nice thick cheese sauce. When your cheese sauce is done and veggies are slightly tender, combine the 2, and then fill 1 pie crust with mixture.
5. Remove 2nd pie crust from the tin and place it on top of filled pot pie. Use a fork to press the crusts together around the edges and seal it, then to punch a few holes on the top of the crust. Bake in oven for around 35-45 minutes, until crust is nice and brown, and cheese will probably be oozing out. Enjoy!