1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 tablespoon flax seed
1/4 cup orange juice (lots of pulp!)
1/2 cup soy/rice milk (I used half of each, fluffy/sweet texture)
1/2 cup oil (not olive... too strong of taste)
orange zest (I used a half of orange worth, maybe a tablespoon)
1/4 cup (to taste) raspberries, cut/diced
First of all, I used the "Simple Muffins" recipe as a guide line for this from this site... Just modified it.
1. Preheat oven to 400F, oil muffin pan or bread pans, works well for both
2. Mix dry ingredients: flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and flax seed.
3. Mix wet ingredients in separate bowl: milk(s), orange juice, and oil
4. Mix wet ingredients with dry ingredients, no lumps!
5. Add orange zest and raspberries (gently, unless you want to pink muffins!)
6. Pour batter into muffin/bread pan and cook until fork comes out clean... It took me about 20 mins for the small pan and 25 for a larger one but it all depends on ovens so just keep an eye on it.