1 (12-ounce) bag fresh or frozen cranberries, well washed and rinsed
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 to 1-1/4 cups liquid, mixture of 1/2 cranberry cocktail and 1/2 cold water
tiny! pinch sea salt
2 teaspoons organic orange zest
1 teaspoon organic lime zest
1/2 cup lightly toasted walnuts, chopped + extra for garnish
1/4 cup minced crystallized ginger + extra for garnish
1. To a 2-quart saucepan, add berries, sugar, and liquid. Slowly bring to a boil.
2. Add super tiny pinch of salt and boil gently (bubbles just breaking the surface) until liquid is incorporated and berries are bursting, about 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
3. Add orange and lime zest, then walnuts and minced ginger. Mix well to incorporate.
4. Transfer to serving bowl. Sprinkle garnish walnuts and ginger over the top.
5. Chill for at least 2 hours. Can also bring to room temp before serving.
This is not only for holiday meals. It's great with any tofu, tempeh or seitan entree.