1 cup desiccated coconut
1 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1-1/2 cups self-raising flour, sifted
1-1/2 cups mashed bananas (about 3 medium-sized bananas)
1 cup coconut milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease your loaf pan.
2. In a bowl, combine coconut, sugar, baking powder, and flour.
3. In a separate bowl using a fork, beat banana, coconut milk, and vanilla. Pour over flour mixture. Gently stir to combine. Do not overmix. Spoon mixture into pan.
4. Bake for 60 to 70 minutes, or until the center comes out clean with a toothpick.
5. Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes in pan. Turn onto a wire rack to cool completely.
*The extra 1/2 banana and baking powder is used as an egg binder. Another form of egg sub. can used in place if you choose.*1-1/2 cups self-rising flour = 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour + 2-1/4 teaspoons baking powder + 3/4 teaspoon salt