2 cups honey dates, roughly chopped
1 cup water (for boiling dates)
1 cup almond flour/ground almonds
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 package morni-nu silken tofu
2 cups strawberries (thawed if frozen)
1/3 cup maple syrup or agave nectar
2 teaspoon agar powder
1 1/2 cups water
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
To garnish: toasted slivered almonds (optional)
For The Crust:
1. In a small saucepan, bring the dates and water to a boil and let simmer ten minutes or so - mashing occasionally with a fork. Once the mixture resembles a paste, take off heat and let cool.
2. Toast almond flour (optional) and mix with cocoa powder in a bowl. Add cooled date mixture and stir. Mix should be soft and batter-like. Pour into a spring-form pan, cover, and put in the freezer while you prepare the filling.
1. Combine water and agar powder and whisk. Let sit 5 minutes, then bring to a boil over medium heat. Let sit until slightly cool.
2. In a food processor, combine silken tofu, strawberries, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Puree until combined.
3. While blending, slowly add agar mixture through hole in top of processor lid (or blender if you don't have a processor).
4. Taste - is it sweet enough for you? If not, add a bit more maple syrup. If you are satisfied with it, take out the crust and pour the filling in on top. Put back in the freezer to chill overnight.
Take it out of the freezer 5 minutes before you're ready to serve it - it makes it easier to loosen from the sides of the pan. Cut and ENJOY!!!!