2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
2/3 cup almond flour (or almond meal)
4 tablespoons granulated sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons cinnamon spice blend or just cinnamon
1 teaspoon Salt
1/2 cup coconut oil (cold)
1 cup non-dairy milk (almond)
10-12 medium peaches (chopped with skins)
6-8 apricots (chopped with skins)
1 cup dried tart cherries
2 teaspoons Stevia (or to taste)
4 tablespoons tapioca starch
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Mix chopped fresh fruit with dried cherries, Stevia and tapioca starch. Refrigerate while preparing dough.
3. Combine flours, sugar, baking powder, sugar, spices, and salt.
4. Add non-dairy milk and coconut oil to the dry mixture and combine just until it forms a sticky dough. It should still have bits of coconut oil spread throughout.
5. Spread the fruit mixture in an ungreased baking dish (i.e. 8x12) and drop the dough on top by the spoonful and spread it around until most of the fruit is covered.
6. Sprinkle the top with more milk and sugar to form a crunchy crust, if desired.
7. Bake for 60 minutes or until the fruit filling is bubbly and a toothpick inserted in the biscuit topping comes out clean.
8. Let sit 15-20 minutes before serving so the filling thickens.