1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat (pastry) flour
1/2 cup quinoa flakes
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1-2 teaspoon spices of choice
1 teaspoon citrus zest
1/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup sour milk
1/4 cup oil
2 tablespoons agave/maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla/almond/etc extract
1 cup berries (fresh or frozen)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and lightly grease muffin pan.
1. Whisk together flours, quinoa flakes, baking powder, soda, salt, spices, zest and sugar.
2. In a separate bowl combine milk, oil, syrup, and extract.
3. Pour the wet mixture into the center of the dry ingredients and gently mix until just combined.
4. Fold in berries
5. Spoon batter into prepared pan and bake 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
6. Let cool for 3-5 minutes and gently turn out onto cooling rack.
Serve warm and enjoy :)
These muffins come out to about 175 calories each.