1 large summer squash (zucchini and eggplant work well too)
1/4 cup vegan Italian dressing (I used fat free)
1 tablespoon vegan mayonnaise (Nayonaisse or other vegan mayo)
1 slice vegan cheese
splash of water
2 pieces of bread
1. Slice squash (or other veggie) lengthwise and place in small tupperware or plastic bag.
2. Add 1/4 Italian dressing to container.
3. Add Splash of water to make it a little more liquidy and easy to quote your veggie of choice.
4. Give that baby a good shake!
5. Marinate in fridge over night.
6. Heat up the George Foreman. You get the best flavor when you cook on an indoor or outdoor grill. If you don't have either, heat a skillet on medium heat and pan fry. However, you'll be missing that lovely smokey flavor. :(
7. Grill slices of squash 2-3 minutes on each side (until the squash starts to look transparent and you can easily puncture with fork).
8. While grilling, slather your nayo on 1 slice of bread. Put the slice of cheese on the other one.
9. Lay your desired amount of grilled veggies onto the bread with the cheese so it melts. Store the others for another sandwich.
10. Smash the nayo-ed bread on top!
I love to grill the entire sandwich for a crispier-panini like concoction. Sometimes I'll throw some bell peppers or fresh tomatoes on the grill with the squash for variety. I love making a bunch of the veggies and eating these sandwiches all through the week. It only takes a few minutes! Enjoy :)