1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/4 cup "meat" crumbles
2 cups romaine lettuce
1 yellow pepper, chopped
1 jalapeno pepper, minced
1/2 cup chopped red onion
1/4 cup chopped green onion
1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
1 roma tomato , chopped
1 avocado, chopped
1/2 cup black beans
1/2 cup frozen corn
12 blue corn tortilla chips, smashed into pieces Dressing:
2 tablespoons vegan sourcream
2 to 4 tablespoons salsa (depending on how thick you want your dressing)
1. Heat oil in a pan. Add and heat crumbles. Set aside.
2. In a salad bowl, place lettuce, yellow pepper jalapeno pepper, red onion, green onion, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, and tomato. Mix, then sprinkle with avocado.
3. In a microwavable-safe bowl, heat beans and corn, then add to the salad mix.
4. Top salad with crumbles and chips.
5. Dressing: In a bowl, whisk together vegan sour cream and salsa. Pour onto salad. This meal is VERY filling and wonderful! One of my favorite, super easy, super simple, super yummy meal!
Source of recipe: I made this recipe after remembering the non-vegan version of the Taco Salad and updating it to vegan.