1 tablespoon Ener-G egg replacer + 2 tablespoons warm water
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole grain cornmeal
2/3 cup vegan granulated sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups vanilla nondairy milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 1/2 tablespoons melted margarine (I use Earth Balance)
1 tablespoon agave nectar
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease an 8" x 8" pan using vegetable oil spray or vegan margarine.
2. Mix the Ener-G and the warm water and set aside. (2 egg equivalents worth of binder, but only 1 egg equivalent worth of liquid)
3. Combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a medium sized mixing bowl.
4. Add nondairy milk, vegetable oil, melted margarine, agave nectar, and egg replacer. Stir until just moist, about 15 strokes.
5. Pour the batter into prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes. The bread is done when the top starts to crack and get golden brown, and when a toothpick comes out clean. Serve warm out of the oven, and enjoy!
Source of recipe: This recipe was modified from this one: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Sweet-Cornbread-Cake . It is absolutely delicious; very moist and sweet! My cousin and my grandfather who don't usually like cornbread at all loved this! It's a great side dish for chili, or just by itself!